My calls are going to Google voicemail and not SAS
You went through all the necessary steps, verified your forward number, and everything was working just fine. Then suddenly your calls started going to Google voicemail instead of reaching SAS. It this has happened to you, don't worry! All you need to do is go back through the steps and re-verify your forward number.
- Click the three bar icon at the top left of the Google Voice window.
- Select Settings.
- At the top of the next screen, you will see the Phone numbers heading with your Google Voice number listed below.
- If you are currently forwarded to any other number, click the X to the right of the linked number, and in the dialog box that appears, click DELETE.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure not to click DELETE below your Google Voice number!
- After any linked numbers have been deleted, click the + sign next to NEW LINKED NUMBER.
- A dialog box will open where you will see Add number. Here, you will Enter the Forward Number provided by SAS.
- Wait for the go-ahead from the Customer Support agent, and then click SEND CODE in the lower right corner of the dialog box.
- Google Voice will send a text message through to the forward number with a 6-digit verification code. This will be intercepted by our programming team. Once the code is received, Customer Support will relay the information to you.
- In the next dialog box, Enter the code you received to the right of the G, and then click VERIFY in the lower right corner.
- If the number was linked successfully, you will see the message All linked up.
- Click FINISH.
- NOTE: Due to software integration issues, Google Voice may not connect on the first try. See additional settings under "If Google Voice is not able to connect," and continue with this process until it connects successfully.
If you would like, our Customer Service department would be happy to take care of forwarding your Google Voice number on your behalf. Simply provide us with your username and password, and we will run through the steps above, confirming that your number is forwarded properly. Feel free to contact us:
Via phone at:
Via email at:
NOTE: By sending these credentials, you expressly understand and agree that Specialty Answering Service shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from access and/or changes made by Specialty Answering Service in our forwarding setup process.