How to integrate SAS with Lighthouse
Lighthouse is an online app that makes it easy for you to collaborate with your colleagues by tracking project development, creating and responding to support tickets, setting specific goals, and more. If your business uses this software, integrating your account with the Lighthouse app in the portal will automatically push data from your calls into your ticketing system. This eliminates the need for you to do double the work, converting messages into Lighthouse tickets.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect Lighthouse to your SAS account. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Connect Your Lighthouse with the SAS Lighthouse App
- Set Contact Data Parameters
- Create Your Project Ticket
- Configure Custom Mappings (Optional)
- Integrate Lighthouse into Your Script
Connect Lighthouse with Your SAS Account
1. In the SAS Desk portal, click Apps from the left side menu. From the Apps screen, click the Configure button under the Lighthouse logo.
2. On the next screen, type in your Lighthouse URL and API Key, and then click Connect to my account.
Setting Contact Data Parameters
1. Now that Lighthouse is connected to the app, click Add configuration to begin the setup. The Lighthouse Integration section will be displayed. This is where you'll set the parameters for how you'd like call data to be sent to Lighthouse.
2. First, select the Script that you'll be connecting.
3. Then, select the Project where you'd like to send callers' data.
Create Your Project Ticket
Once the configurations are set, you'll need to create the content of the ticket we'll be starting in Lighthouse.
1. Next to Comment, you'll see a list of all of the custom step labels associated with the campaign you selected, in addition to default variables, such as [FirstName], [PhoneNumber], [Email], etc. If you have multiple paths in your script, they will each have a different set of variables. So, you'll need to access the call script builder to determine the step labels in the specific path you are mapping.
Keep in mind that you can build a separate integration for every script path, each with their corresponding step labels.
Click and drag the variables from the left side to the box on the right.
2. After you add the variables that you'd like to appear in the ticket, be sure to format them by placing each element on a separate line. You can also add headings such as, "Phone Number: [PhoneNumber]."
Lighthouse Custom Mappings (Optional)
Once the data section is complete, you can map your call data directly to specific Lighthouse fields by adding Custom mappings.
1. To begin, click Add new option.
2. In the first drop down box, select either SAS or Text.
SAS will allow you to use specific SAS script variables to populate Lighthouse's project ticket fields. If you select SAS, the second column will allow you to select a script variable.
Text gives you the option to type your own static data rather than using SAS variables. If you select Text, the second column will be a blank box where you can type specific information.
3. After you've completed the second column, you will set the Object, Type and Lighthouse Field.
The Object drop down gives you only one option - Ticket.
The Type drop down gives you only one option - Standard. Selecting Standard will bring up the Ticket's default fields.
The last drop down will display the Standard fields within your Lighthouse setup.
Integrate Lighthouse into Your Script
With all of your integration settings complete, you'll need to add the integration into your SAS script.
1. Click the Save configuration button in the lower right corner.
2. A pop-up will open containing the integration link. Right click to copy the link text, or highlight the link with your cursor and press CTRL+C. Then, click OK.
3. To complete the integration, follow the web pop instructions in this article. Keep in mind that you'll want to create the web pop step at the end of the script path and before the closing.
NOTE: Some integrations and access to external websites are restricted to designated operator distribution groups. If you are adding either to your script, please reach out so we can make sure your account is assigned to the proper distribution.