How to integrate SAS with Desk.com
Desk.com is an online support ticket system that enables you to keep track of all new support tickets submitted by your customers, whether online or via phone. If your business uses this software, integrating your account with the Desk.com app in the portal will automatically push data from your calls into your ticketing system. This eliminates the need for you to do double the work, converting messages into Desk.com cases.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect Desk.com to your SAS account. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Connect Your Desk.com with the SAS Desk.com App
- Set Contact Data Parameters
- Create Your Support Ticket
- Configure Custom Mappings (Optional)
- Integrate Desk.com Into Your Script
Connect Desk.com with Your SAS Account
1. In the SAS Desk portal, click Apps from the left side menu. From the Apps screen, click the Configure button under Salesforce Desk logo.
2. On the next screen, type your Desk.com account name in the box, and then click Connect to my account.
3. You'll see a pop-up that asks if you want to grant the SAS app access to your account. Click Yes, Grant Access.
Setting Contact Data Parameters
1. Now that Desk.com is connected to the app, click Add configuration to begin the setup.
2. The Desk.com Integration section will be displayed. This is where you'll set the parameters for how you'd like call data to be sent to Desk.
3. First, select the Script that you'll be connecting.
4. Now, you'll need to tell the system how to manage the caller's contact details. Choose what email address Desk will show in each support ticket by selecting an option next to Send Data.
If Send call data on behalf of email provided by caller. is chosen, cases will be created under the email address the caller provides. Note that if the caller does not provide an email address, data will be sent from email@example.com by default.
If Send call data from firstname.lastname@example.org is chosen, cases will be created under the email address email@example.com.
If Send data from email address is chosen, cases will be created under the static email address you enter.
5. Then decide whether you'd like the system to Update and Overwrite existing contact data.
If Don't update existing contacts. Create new ones. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Desk.com installation. If there is no match, it will create a new case and a new contact. If there is an email match, it will just create a new case.
If Update contacts by overwriting any data with details from SAS. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Desk.com installation. If there is a match, it will overwrite any existing customer data with data we've received from the call.
If Update contacts by appending details from SAS without overwriting existing data. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Desk.com installation. If there is a match, it won't overwrite data but will add any new details received.
Create Your Support Ticket
Once the configurations are set, you'll need to create the content of the case we'll be starting in Desk.com.
1. Next to Case body, you'll see a list of all of the custom step labels associated with the campaign you selected, in addition to default variables, such as [FirstName], [PhoneNumber], [Email], etc. If you have multiple paths in your script, they will each have a different set of variables. So, you'll need to access the call script builder to determine the step labels in the specific path you are mapping.
Keep in mind that you can build a separate integration for every script path, each with their corresponding step labels.
Click and drag the variables from the left side to the box on the right.
2. After you add the variables that you'd like to appear in the ticket, be sure to format them by placing each element on a separate line. You can also add headings such as, "Phone Number: [PhoneNumber]."
Desk.com Custom Mappings (Optional)
Once the data section is complete, you can map your call data directly to specific Desk.com fields by adding Custom mappings.
1. To begin, click Add new option.
2. In the first drop down box, select either SAS or Text.
SAS will allow you to use specific SAS script variables to populate Desk's support ticket fields. If you select SAS, the second column will allow you to select a script variable.
Text gives you the option to type your own data rather than using SAS variables. If you select Text, the second column will be a blank box where you can type specific information.
3. After you've completed the second column, you will set the Object, Type and Desk.com Field.
The Object drop down gives you options for Customer or Case. In Desk.com, Customer and Case both have their own default fields, such as First Name or Description. The Object determines which default fields will be available.
The Type drop down gives you options for Standard or Custom. Selecting Standard will bring up the default fields for the Object you selected. Setting it to Custom will bring up any custom fields that you have built into your Desk.com system.
The last drop down will display the Standard or Custom fields within your Desk.com setup.
Integrate Desk.com Into Your Script
With all of your integration settings complete, you'll need to add the integration into your SAS script.
1. Click the Save configuration button in the lower right corner.
2. A pop-up will open containing the integration link. Right click to copy the link text, or highlight the link with your cursor and press CTRL+C. Then, click OK.
3. To complete the integration, follow the web pop instructions in this article. For convenience, paste the integration link into Word or Notepad. You'll need this handy to paste into the web pop.
NOTE: Some integrations and access to external websites are restricted to designated operator distribution groups. If you are adding either to your script, please reach out so we can make sure your account is assigned to the proper distribution.