Adding a custom hold greeting to your account
Specialty Answering Service operators answer about 86% of calls within 3 rings, which is a higher answer rate than the industry average. We’re quick, but we can’t guarantee that there will never be hold times. For the instances when your callers are waiting in queue for an answering service agent, you may want to add a custom hold greeting to your account. This will give your callers a more personalized experience while they’re hanging on the line.
Here's how it works:
- If there is no queue time, meaning calls are not waiting to be answered, callers will hear your initial upfront greeting, "Thank you for calling Your Business! We'll be right with you. For quality assurance, this call may be recorded." Then, they'll be immediately transferred to an agent.
- If there is queue time, meaning calls are waiting to be answered, your custom hold greeting would be played. It would echo your upfront greeting while also including something about the hold queue. If calls are being recorded, it must be stated in the hold greeting. For example, "Thank you for calling Your Business! We are currently experiencing extended wait times. Your call is very important to us. Please hold for the next available representative. For quality assurance, this call may be recorded."
- Note that the custom hold greeting would only be played once. If calls are still waiting to be answered after the greeting ends, callers will hear hold music. If not, they will be transferred to an agent.
- The hold greeting does not follow the initial upfront greeting.
When adding a hold greeting, there a few parameters to keep in mind:
- Greetings cannot be over 1 minute. It is best if they are 20 seconds or less.
- The greeting file size cannot exceed 800 KB.
- If calls are being recorded, the hold greeting must include, "For quality assurance, this call may be recorded."
- If you are recording your own hold greeting, please email it to us in MP3 format.
If you’d like a custom hold greeting added to your account, you’ll need to start a support case and either attach your MP3, or include your preferred custom hold text for our recording artist. Once the new greeting is attached to your account, we'll let you know!