Sending messages to multiple employees
If you would like, you can have a group of employees receive email notification of each call that results in a message. There is a 10-email limit to this capability. However, if your email distribution list is greater than 10 email addresses and you are using Google Apps, there is a way to achieve this by using your Google email account to create Contact Groups.
Creating a Google mail Contact Group will allow you to send the same message to a specific group of people, saving the time of sending individual emails. For example, if you wanted a call regarding a new lead to go to your Sales team, then you could create a group named “Sales” and simply forward the call notification to the entire department at once.
To create a Contact Group, follow the instructions below:
- Click Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
- Select contacts that you want to add to a group, click the Groups button (3 little people image above your contacts list), then Create new.
- Enter the name of the group.
- Click OK.
To add contacts to a contact group:
- Select the contacts in the Contacts list.
- Click the Groups button (3 little people image above your contacts list).
- Select the group you'd like to add the contact to, or select Create new to create a new group.
- If you have multiple addresses saved for a contact, you can choose which address should belong to the contact group by opening the contact and clicking the small arrow next to the group you'd like to modify.
If you are not using Google Apps for your email, most email providers also have this capability. It's usually called a 'Group', a 'Distribution List', or a 'Forwarder'.