From the home page, click on Campaigns on the left side. On the next screen, you will see your current Campaigns. Click on the campaign Name
that you would like to review.
On the next screen, click “Edit your script” to open the Call Script Builder. It will look similar to this:
The LEFT tab of the Call Script Builder (“Call Script”) will show all programmed script steps and options in a flowchart. It is very helpful to review each path and have a general understanding of how they work.
: The RIGHT tab is a Search function that allows you to search for a word in the script.
Click on the + sign to the left of a path name to expand it. Then, click on all + signs throughout the path so that every step in the script is displayed.
Click on a step, for example, First Name. On the right side of the Call Script Builder, you will see the step type (Statement, Free Text, First Name, Phone Number, etc.) in the maroon bar at the top.
Below it, several things will be displayed:
- Step Label – This is the name of the step, typed without spaces.
- Field Name – This does not appear in FirstName, LastName, PhoneNumber, Email or Address, as they are default fields. If you opted to receive text notification of specific information, the Field Name of each step (typed without spaces) would be included in your location.
- Text – This is the text the operator will say to the caller.
- Next Step – This shows which step will follow the current text.
In this view, you can:
- Edit the Text field.
- Click the box next to ‘Large Text Box’ (where applicable) to provide the operator with ample space for noting the caller’s response.
- Click the box next to ‘Required’ to make any step a Required field. This means the operator will not be able to continue without acquiring the specific information from the caller.
- Click the box next to ‘Skip Verification’ to bypass the operator repeating a caller’s response. Verifying steps increases call time; however, we do recommend always verifying phone numbers and email addresses.
- Change the Next Step.
- If changing a subsequent step, keep in mind that Step Labels must match. For example, you would go from PhoneNumber1 to Email1 to Regarding1, etc.
- If you do not see a step with the correct label, then you will need to build a New Step. See this tutorial for details.
: Although steps can also be deleted in the Call Script Builder, this is not recommended, as the step will not be retained for future use and will need to be rebuilt.
The green dot on a step indicates the call Closing step, which is the final step in a path. The Closing will also show the ‘Call Result’, which you will see in your portal. This can be anything from Message Ticket to Call for John Smith to Questions Regarding Products, etc.
For additional information on editing your Call Script, feel free to contact our Customer Service department.
Via phone at:
Via email at: