The staff members listed in the On-Call app can be used to build the following schedules:
There is no limit to the number of staff members you can add. For each entry, you can enter a maximum of 3 phone numbers and 1 email address. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
Adding a Staff Member
1. At the top of the main screen of the On Call App, you will see the Staff members
2. To the far right, click on the green Add staff member
3. A pop-up will open where you'll enter your staff details. You will need to add each staff member who will be receiving calls, emails, or both. Note that the email field will apply to both an Email Only on-call schedule as well as Email alerts
. Phone numbers will auto-format as you enter them.
4. If you need to enter a number with an extension, you may enter it in the Alternate Number
field. When entering the number, it will auto-format with your prefix+X+extension like in the example below:
5. When you are done, click the blue Save
button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up and you'll see your staff names will appear in the the Staff members
Edit a Staff Member
1. To edit an entry, click the blue Edit
button on the far right. The line you are editing will be highlighted in yellow.
2. After you've made the necessary changes, click the Save
button to save the record, or click the red X
button to disable in-line editing and revert all fields to their prior value.
3. Remember that if any fields are edited from the Staff members
page, the changes are global to any schedules the staff member is a part of.
View Active Schedules
1. To view the active schedules associated with a particular employee, click the yellow View
button. A pop-up will open displaying their current schedules.
2. Click on any schedule name to open that schedule in a new window.
Delete a Staff Member
1. To delete a staff member, click the red X
to the right of the Edit
button. This will deliver a pop-up confirming your intention to delete the record.
Replace a Staff Member in an Existing Schedule
The Staff member setup allows you to substitute one employee for another. Keep in mind that any substitutions will be global changes, meaning that you should not use this feature if an employee is listed in multiple schedules, but you only want to edit one specific schedule.
1. Then, click the red X
button to delete the existing staff member.
2. A message will pop up asking you if you are sure you want to do this. Rather than clicking the yellow Yes button, you will click the blue Replace
button, and you'll see the pop-up below.
3. Select the new employee from the drop down list, and then click the yellow Start replace
4. A pop-up will appear asking if you are sure you want to make this change.
5. Once you click Yes
, the system will update any schedules corresponding to the specific employees.