If you have staff members or colleagues that will need access to certain call details and recordings, but you do not necessarily want them to have login access to all portal information, you can use the Share feature to forward a link via email that will be available for a set time. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
How to Create a Share URL
1. To send a call details link, log in to SAS Desk, find the call you'd like to forward, and click the Details
icon on the right.
On the next screen, you'll see the call details.
2. In the upper right corner of the screen, you'll see a 'forward' arrow
. Click the Arrow
A pop-up will open where you'll set the parameters for your private URL.
3. Under Share options
, click the drop down menu next to Expire content after
, and select either Views
4. After you've set the Expire content after drop down, then the drop down on the right will become active. Use this to set the number of views or the number of days before the share link expires.
5. Just below Expire content after, you'll see Require user identification
here will require the recipient to enter their First Name, Last Name, and Email Address in order to access the call details
. If you select No
, verification details will not be required.
6. Just below Require user identification, you can click Add audio
to include the call recording in the link, and click Allow email
to give the recipient permission to share the call details with someone else.
7. Now, enter the recipient's email address. You're only able to send 1 email at a time, so to share a call with multiple people, you'll have to repeat this process.
If you'd like to include a short message with the link, click the blue +
sign to the left of Add personal note
8. Once you've completed all steps, click the Send
button. The recipient will receive an email containing the Share Link and any personal message you added.
How to Access the Share Log
1. To see a list of the links you've shared, or to find out if the links have been accessed, click on Settings in the upper right corner of the site.
2. On the next screen, scroll down to Share details
. The Caller Name
column will list any of the calls that you've shared, and to the right, you'll see the Timestamp of the call
3. If you'd like to see the original call from your portal, click on the link in the Call details
If you'd like to see the public page, click the link in the Public Link
Further to the right, under Expiring in
, you'll see when the shared link you sent will expire. Note that if you select the link to expire in a set number of Views, the recipient has either the number of views you set to check the link, or 10 days from the share date, whichever comes first.
4. If you'd like find out who has viewed your shared link, click on the blue Log
button to the right of the Expiring in column.
In the Log
pop-up, you'll see the link access details. If you set the share link to require identification, then the name and email address of those who viewed it will be listed. Otherwise, you'll just see the Timestamp and IP address.
5. Once a share link expires, it will still be listed in the Share details view, and you'll still be able to access the log. If you want to delete the record and log, just click the red X