Can I forward an international phone number to SAS?
Although it is possible to forward your international number to Specialty Answering Service if your phone service provider offers this feature, it is not recommended. Because international calling rates are typically high, forwarding your number to SAS will result in a very costly phone bill. If you would like SAS to answer your calls, you have the following options:
- If you have a U.S.-based local phone number, in some instances, you may be able to forward it to a local number that we provide. If you do not have a U.S.-based local number, we can provide one for you. (Recommended.)
- If you have an international toll-free phone number, in some instances, you may be able to forward it to a local number that we provide. (Not recommended.)
- You can advertise the local or toll-free number on your website, and all calls will be answered by SAS.
- NOTE: Numbers provided by SAS are non-transferable. If at any point you suspend or cancel service, any number provided by SAS is not portable.
What We Can Do
- We can email all of your messages to you. They will be stored and accessible via your secure web portal. You can also listen to call recordings via your web portal.
- We can offer advanced customer service solutions, such as help desk support, order taking, and more.
What We Can’t Do
- We cannot send your messages via text (SMS) unless you have a U.S.-based mobile number.
- We cannot patch calls to you directly unless they are going to a U.S.-based phone number.
If you have any questions regarding the information above or would like to request a U.S.-based local number for your business, please contact our Customer Service department:
Via phone at:
Via email at: