How are minutes calculated?
Depending on your current service level, usage is calculated in different ways. Click on your service for more information.
SAS ADVANCED SERVICE (Per-Minute)
- Your call script drops to an agent at 12:00PM, at which time the agent is connected with the caller.
- The caller and the agent speak for 2 minutes.
- The caller disconnects at 12:02PM.
- The agent takes 30 additional seconds to document the call details before clicking SAVE.
- The recording duration is 2 minutes.
- The billable duration is 2 minutes 30 seconds, including the time that the agent remains on the script to enter notes before clicking SAVE.
- Your call script drops to an agent at 5:30PM, at which time the agent is connected with the caller.
- The caller and the agent speak for 3 minutes.
- The agent documents all call details and clicks SAVE at the 3-minute mark. However, the caller is still on the line.
- The caller continues to speak with the agent for 1 minute.
- The caller disconnects at 5:34PM.
- The recording duration is 4 minutes.
- The billable duration is 4 minutes, including the full length of the recording, even though the agent has already clicked SAVE.
- Automated Call
- Fax Machine
- No Caller (Dead Air)
Note that for questions or updates regarding your account, do not dial your forward number for assistance. The operators cannot make any changes, and you will be billed for any associated call time.
SAS ESSENTIALS SERVICE (Per-Call)
Usage for our Essentials platform is based on inbound or outbound actions or call counts on your account. Here's how it works:
Each inbound or outbound call, including warm transfers and reach on-call, would incur 1 call count.
- For example, if we dial out to 3 on-call personnel following an inbound call, that would total 4 call counts.
In addition, each outbound text, email or fax message is considered 1 action, and it would incur 1 call count.
- So, if we are texting, emailing and faxing the message in the example above, the total call counts would be 7.
While we may text or email the same message to multiple people, generally, messages would be grouped together and counted as a whole as opposed to individual actions.
- If we are texting, emailing and faxing the message in the above example to 3 people, the total call counts would still be 7.
Request your call counts at any time by contacting our Customer Service team. If you are new to our service or would like to upgrade or downgrade your plan, check here for our per-call plans and details.
Note that for questions or updates regarding your account, you may dial your forward number directly and ask the operators for help. You will incur 1 call count for every inbound call you place.
Need further assistance? Please contact our Customer Service team!