How are minutes calculated?
Depending on your current service level, usage is calculated in different ways. Click on your service for more information.
SAS ADVANCED SERVICE (Per-Minute)
Usage for our Advanced platform is based on automated minutes, patch minutes, and live operator minutes, and all time is billed in 1-second increments. Automated minutes, which include frontend IVR, voicemail greetings and voicemail talk time, are billed at $0.15 per minute. Patched calls are billed at $0.10 per minute.
Live operator time begins accruing when a call is connected to an operator and stops accruing when the operator disconnects the call. You are not charged for any ring time or if the customer is placed in a hold queue before the operator picks up the phone.
Operator time includes talk time, wrap-up time and disconnect time.
- Live operator time: The length of time the operator is engaged with the caller on the telephone line. If the caller needs to be placed on hold during the telephone call, this is billable time.
- Wrap-up time:Any action the operator needs to complete after the call is disconnected, such as sending an email, completing an appointment, reaching on-call personnel, or completing a form field.
- Disconnect time: The time lapsed after the the caller hangs up the telephone and until the call center operator hangs up the telephone.
Check your minutes usage at any time by logging in to your portal and viewing the Usage Reports. If you are new to our service or would like to upgrade or downgrade your plan, check here for our per-minute plans and details.
Note that for questions or updates regarding your account, do not dial your forward number for assistance. The operators cannot make any changes, and you will be billed for any associated call time.
SAS ESSENTIALS SERVICE (Per-Call)
Usage for our Essentials platform is based on inbound or outbound actions or call counts on your account. Here's how it works:
Each inbound or outbound call, including warm transfers and reach on-call, would incur 1 call count.
- For example, if we dial out to 3 on-call personnel following an inbound call, that would total 4 call counts.
In addition, each outbound text, email or fax message is considered 1 action, and it would incur 1 call count.
- So, if we are texting, emailing and faxing the message in the example above, the total call counts would be 7.
While we may text or email the same message to multiple people, generally, messages would be grouped together and counted as a whole as opposed to individual actions.
- If we are texting, emailing and faxing the message in the above example to 3 people, the total call counts would still be 7.
Request your call counts at any time by contacting our Customer Service team. If you are new to our service or would like to upgrade or downgrade your plan, check here for our per-call plans and details.
Note that for questions or updates regarding your account, you may dial your forward number directly and ask the operators for help. You will incur 1 call count for every inbound call you place.
Need further assistance? Please contact our Customer Service team!