How to integrate SAS with HubSpot
HubSpot is an online marketing system that enables you to keep track of all new marketing leads submitted by your customers, whether online or via phone. If your business uses this software, integrating your account with the HubSpot app in the portal will automatically push data from your calls into your marketing lists. This eliminates the need for you to do double the work, converting messages into HubSpot entries.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect HubSpot to your SAS account. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Connect Your HubSpot with the SAS HubSpot App
- Set Contact Data Parameters
- Create Your Lead Setup
- Configure Custom Mappings (Optional)
- Integrate HubSpot into Your Script
Connect HubSpot with Your SAS Account
1. In the SAS Desk portal, click Apps from the left side menu. From the Apps screen, click the Configure button under the HubSpot logo.
2. On the next screen, type your HubSpot Hub Portal ID in the box, and then click Connect to my account.
Setting Contact Data Parameters
1. Now that HubSpot is connected to the app, click Add configuration to begin the setup. The HubSpot Integration section will be displayed. This is where you'll set the parameters for how you'd like call data to be sent to HubSpot.
2. First, select the Script that you'll be connecting.
3. Now, you'll need to tell the system how to manage the caller's contact details. Choose what email address HubSpot will show in each new lead entry by selecting an option next to Send Data.
If Send call data on behalf of email provided by caller. is chosen, leads will be created under the email address the caller provides. Note that if the caller does not provide an email address, data will be sent from email@example.com by default.
If Send call data from firstname.lastname@example.org is chosen, leads will be created under the email address email@example.com.
If Send data from email address is chosen, leads will be created under the static email address you enter.
4. Then decide whether you'd like the system to Update and Overwrite existing contact data.
If Don't update existing contacts. Create new ones. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your HubSpot installation. If there is no match, it will create a new contact. If there is an email match, it will do nothing.
If Update contacts by overwriting any data with details from SAS. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your HubSpot installation. If there is a match, it will overwrite any existing customer data with data we've received from the call.
If Update contacts by appending details from SAS without overwriting existing data. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your HubSpot installation. If there is a match, it won't overwrite data but will add any new details received.
Create Your Lead Setup
Once the configurations are set, you'll need to create the content of the lead we'll be starting in HubSpot.
1. Next to Description, you'll see a list of all of the custom step labels associated with the campaign you selected, in addition to default variables, such as [FirstName], [PhoneNumber], [Email], etc. If you have multiple paths in your script, they will each have a different set of variables. So, you'll need to access the call script builder to determine the step labels in the specific path you are mapping.
Keep in mind that you can build a separate integration for every script path, each with their corresponding step labels.
Click and drag the variables from the left side to the box on the right.
2. After you add the variables that you'd like to appear in the lead, be sure to format them by placing each element on a separate line. You can also add headings such as, "Phone Number: [PhoneNumber]."
HubSpot Custom Mappings (Optional)
Once the data section is complete, you can map your call data directly to specific HubSpot fields by adding Custom mappings.
1. To begin, click Add new option.
2. In the first drop down box, select either SAS or Text.
SAS will allow you to use specific SAS script variables to populate HubSpot's lead fields. If you select SAS, the second column will allow you to select a script variable.
Text gives you the option to type your own static data rather than using SAS variables. If you select Text, the second column will be a blank box where you can type specific information.
3. After you've completed the second column, you will set the Object, Type and HubSpot Field.
The Object drop down gives you only one option, Contact.
The Type drop down gives you options for Contact Information or Social Media Information. Selecting either option will bring up the default fields for that contact type.
The last drop down will display the Standard fields within your HubSpot setup.
Integrate HubSpot into Your Script
With all of your integration settings complete, you'll need to add the integration into your SAS script.
1. Click the Save configuration button in the lower right corner.
2. A pop-up will open containing the integration link. Right click to copy the link text, or highlight the link with your cursor and press CTRL+C. Then, click OK.
3. To complete the integration, follow the web pop instructions in this article. Keep in mind that you'll want to create the web pop step at the end of the script path and before the closing.
NOTE: Some integrations and access to external websites are restricted to designated operator distribution groups. If you are adding either to your script, please reach out so we can make sure your account is assigned to the proper distribution.