How to integrate SAS with Google Docs
One of the many features that Google offers is Google Docs, document software that works just like Word. If you would like our operators to have specific information available to review with your customers, integrating a Google Doc into your call script will enable them to see complete details without having to surf through your FAQs. Following the call, the operator can also offer to email the document to the customer via a link, or an attached file.
In this article we'll discuss:
Setting Link Sharing
Before you can link your Google Doc to the SAS Desk app, you'll need to ensure that your document is set to On - Public on the web or On - Anyone with the link.
Note that if you do not want the document to remain public, once the app syncs with your Google Doc, you can override the document settings and set it back to private.
If not, continue to step 3 below.
Connect Google Docs to the SAS Google Docs App
Configure Google Docs
Keep in mind that if you'd like, you can build a separate integration with a different document for every path in your script.
Adding Instructions for the Operators (Optional)
Adjusting the Email Settings (Optional)
If you'd like operators to email the document to your customers following the call, you'll need to complete the Email section.
Send download link will email a link where the recipient can access the document.
- The link will be displayed after the content of the email.
- Note that if you delete the integration at any point, anyone who received the link will no longer have access to the document.
Attach file will email the document as a PDF attachment.
- If the file you are attaching is over 5 MB, it will automatically send the recipient a download link.
Integrate Google Docs into Your Script
With all of your integration settings complete, you'll need to add the integration into your SAS script.
Overriding the Document Settings (Optional)
If you do not want your Google Doc to remain listed as Public on the web, after the SAS Google Docs app syncs with your document, you can change your Link sharing settings.
Click the box next to Document override, and the app will no longer check the document's Share settings each time the Integration link is visited.
Important Notes about Google Docs
- If you make any changes to a Google Doc after integration, you'll need to go back to the App and click the Save changes button in the bottom right corner of the screen. There is no need to reintegrate the document. Clicking Save changes will automatically update the integration with your new information.
- The steps above can be repeated to integrate additional Google Docs into the different paths within your call script.
- Google Docs can also be integrated into the FAQs section of your call script. When the operators visit the FAQs, they can click the link to view document details.
NOTE: Some integrations and access to external websites are restricted to designated operator distribution groups. If you are adding either to your script, please reach out so we can make sure your account is assigned to the proper distribution.