How to listen to and download a call
Your answering service portal provides an easy way for you to listen to and download audio recordings of your live telephone calls. The quick tutorial below will tell you how to:
- Listen to and download a call: We'll listen to a call from the main Calls view and download it in .MP3 format.
- Email a call: You'll go into the call details view to email the call recording from your portal.
Listen To and Download A Call
Shortly after a call has been completed, the recording will be available in your portal. Follow the steps below to learn how to access it:
1. Upon logging in to your portal, your first view will be of the Calls screen where you will see a display of all of your most recent calls.
2. Under the Listen column on the right, click the speaker icon. This will open a pop-up where you can Play the call or Download the recording as an .MP3 file.
3. In the pop-up, the playback controls are standard. You are able to use the Play and Pause buttons to listen to or stop the recording, and can fast-forward or rewind the recording by clicking anywhere on the yellow bar. Clicking on the yellow Download button will save the call to your computer.
Email a Call
In addition to downloading the recording, you can email it directly from the Call Details page of your answering service portal. Follow the steps below to navigate to the Details page and email the .MP3 recording.
1. From the main Calls page, click on the icon in the Details column. This will bring you to the Call Details view.
2. At the top of the Details screen, you will see two icons, a Print icon and an Email icon. Click the Email icon. It's the one that looks like an envelope.
3. You'll be greeted with a pop-up giving you the ability to email the message. In that pop-up, there will be an option called Attach audio file. Click on the switch to the right of the option. It should turn blue indicating that the call recording will be attached to the email you send.
4. Next, enter an email address in the input box and click the send button. This will send the details of the call as well as the associated audio recording.
Congratulations! If you've read through this tutorial, you've learned how to listen to a call, download a recording, and email a recording. Remember that recordings are only kept for 60 days so if you need to download or listen to them, you will not be able to retrieve them after 60 days.