How to integrate SAS with Pipedrive
SAS offers a number of app integrations that are designed to make your life easier. Pipedrive is an online customer resource management system that helps you stay organized by establishing a sales process, creating contacts, tracking activities and goals, importing and exporting data, and more. If your business uses this software, integrating your account with the Pipedrive app in the portal will automatically push data from your calls into your CRM system. This eliminates the need for you to do double the work, converting messages into CRM entries.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect Pipedrive to your SAS account. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Connect Your Pipedrive Account with the SAS Pipedrive App
- Set Contact Data Parameters
- Create Your Pipedrive Contact Notes
- Configure Custom Mappings (Optional)
- Integrate Pipedrive into Your Script
Connect Pipedrive with Your SAS Account
1. In the SAS Desk portal, click Apps from the left side menu. From the Apps screen, click the Configure button under the Pipedrive logo.
2. On the next screen, click Connect to my account.
3. In the pop-up, enter your Pipedrive email and password. Then, click Login.
Setting Contact Data Parameters
1. Now that Pipedrive is connected to the app, click Add configuration to begin the setup. The Pipedrive Integration section will be displayed. This is where you'll set the parameters for how you'd like call data to be sent to Pipedrive.
2. First, select the Script that you'll be connecting.
3. Then, you'll need to tell the system how to manage the caller's contact details. Choose what email address Pipedrive will show in each entry by selecting an option next to Add email.
If Populate Pipedrive with email provided by the caller. is chosen, contacts will be created under the email address the caller provides. Note that if the caller does not provide an email address, data will be sent from email@example.com by default.
If Populate static email address. is chosen, contacts will be created under the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Next, decide whether you'd like the system to Update and Overwrite existing contact data.
If Don't update existing Contact. Create new ones. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Pipedrive installation. If there is no match, it will create a new contact. If there is an email match, it will do nothing.
If Update Contact by overwriting any data with details from SAS. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Pipedrive installation. If there is a match, it will overwrite any existing customer data with data we've received from the call.
If Update Contact by appending details from SAS without overwriting existing data. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Pipedrive installation. If there is a match, it won't overwrite data but will add any new details received.
5. Finally, decide whether you'd like the system to Create Deals.
If Create a new Deal. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Pipedrive installation. If there is a match, it will create a new deal under the contact.
If Do not create a Deal. is chosen, SAS will not create a deal under any contact.
Create Your Pipedrive Contact Notes
Once the configurations are set, you'll need to create the content of the entry we'll be starting in Pipedrive.
1. Next to Note, you'll see a list of all of the custom step labels associated with the campaign you selected, in addition to default variables, such as [FirstName], [PhoneNumber], [Email], etc. If you have multiple paths in your script, they will each have a different set of variables. So, you'll need to access the call script builder to determine the step labels in the specific path you are mapping.
Keep in mind that you can build a separate integration for every script path, each with their corresponding step labels.
Click the variables from the left side, and they will populate in the box on the right.
2. After you add the variables that you'd like to appear in the contact, be sure to format them by placing each element on a separate line. You can also add headings such as, "Phone Number: [PhoneNumber]."
Pipedrive Custom Mappings (Optional)
Once the data section is complete, you can map your call data directly to specific Pipedrive fields by adding Custom mappings.
1. To begin, click Add new option.
2. In the first drop down box, select either SAS or Text.
SAS will allow you to use specific SAS script variables to populate Pipedrive's contact fields. If you select SAS, the second column will allow you to select a script variable.
Text gives you the option to type your own static data rather than using SAS variables. If you select Text, the second column will be a blank box where you can type specific information.
3. After you've completed the second column, you will set the Object, Type and Pipedrive Field.
The Object drop down gives you two options - Deal or Contact.
The Type drop down gives you two options - Standard and Custom. Selecting Standard will bring up the default fields, and selecting Custom will bring up any custom Pipedrive fields you created.
The last drop down will display the Standard or Custom fields within your Pipedrive setup.
Integrate Pipedrive into Your Script
With all of your integration settings complete, you'll need to add the integration into your SAS script.
1. Click the Save configuration button in the lower right corner.
2. A pop-up will open containing the integration link. Right click to copy the link text, or highlight the link with your cursor and press CTRL+C. Then, click OK.
3. To complete the integration, follow the web pop instructions in this article. Keep in mind that you'll want to create the web pop step at the end of the script path and before the closing.
NOTE: Some integrations and access to external websites are restricted to designated operator distribution groups. If you are adding either to your script, please reach out so we can make sure your account is assigned to the proper distribution.