Building a basic Warm Patch Schedule
The following tutorial will provide instructions on how to populate an on-call schedule for a Basic Patch. There are two types of patch schedules. With a Warm Patch, we will wait on the line while we transfer the caller to you, and you can choose whether to accept or decline the call. With a Cold Patch, we will transfer the caller directly to the number you provide.
The instructions below will show you how to configure a Warm Patch. The differences in building a Cold Patch schedule are that there will be no voicemail options, and we can only patch to one person.
1. Within SAS Flex, select the OnCall tab on the left menu navigation panel.
2. Then, click the Add Schedule button as shown below. In this tutorial we will be building a Basic schedule, so select Basic in the drop down.
3. In the pop-up window that appears on your page, you will need to fill out some fields, which are outlined below.
- Name: The name of your on-call schedule (i.e, Plumbing).
- Business Hours: Select from the drop-down which business hours you want this schedule to follow. If you select the standard 24/7/365 option, you will then have to choose the Business Hours Group. If you selected a different Business Hours option, you will have to choose both the Business Hours Group as well as the After Hours Group. Check out this article for more information on On-Call Groups.
- Type: Choose between a Reach, Warm Transfer, Cold Transfer or Profile schedule. In this tutorial, we will want to select Warm Transfer.
4. Once you are done, click Save.