Adding and Integrating an Automated Reach On-Call Schedule in Basic Agent
In Specialty Answering Service's Basic Agent system, Reach On-Call is a completely automated feature that ensures you are always getting your messages in real-time. In this tutorial, you'll learn about:
Adding a Reach Message
The first step in utilizing an automated Reach schedule is to add a Reach Message. This creates the type and body of the message that the system will play, read aloud, or text to you and/or your on-call staff.
1. From the On-Call page in your SAS Desk portal, scroll down to the Reach Messages section.
2. Click the green Add Reach Message button to add a new message.
3. In the window that pops up on your screen, add the Name of your Reach Message. To help you stay organized, this should match the name of your Reach On-Call schedule (e.g., ABC Plumbing Reach Schedule).
4. Next, choose how you would like your on-call staff to be notified of the message. You can choose between a Recording, Text to Speech, and SMS. If you plan to use different automated reach options, you may want to include the type of reach message in the name.
Text to Speech
If this option is chosen, the system will call all numbers in the array with the audio message, "You have a new automated on-call notification from SAS. Please press 1 to accept the message." If the recipient presses 1, the Text to Speech system will read the message created by the user.
To create the message, select the applicable script from the Script drop down. Once a script is selected, the Available fields from within that script will populate. Simply click any field, or drag and drop, and it will populate in the Message box on the right. This can include details such as the caller's name and number, as well as any personalized language that you would like to include.
If this option is chosen, a text message is sent to all numbers in the array at the same time. The message will say: "A new urgent message has been created. Reply with 'OK' to accept." Once accepted, the system will relay the custom text message that has been created in the portal.
The initial alert message will keep sending over the queue interval until all attempts are exhausted. If any of the recipients reply with 'OK', that recipient receives the message with the call details. Once a message has been accepted, any other recipients will automatically be notified that the message has been picked up along with the number of the phone that picked it up.
To create the message containing the call details, select the applicable script from the Script drop down. Once a script is selected, the Available fields from within that script will populate. Simply click any field, or drag and drop, and it will populate in the Message box on the right. This can include details such as the caller's name and number, as well as any personalized language that you would like to include.
If the SMS reach is exhausted and no one has claimed the message, the message can still be claimed with an 'OK' for a few minutes. After the relay window closes, replying with 'OK' will tell the recipient that the message is no longer available for pickup, and they will need to check their portal for message details.
5. When you are finished creating your Reach Message, click Save.
Setting Schedule Parameters
Now that you've created your Reach Message, you'll need to add it to your Schedule's settings. If you haven't already added a schedule, click Add schedule on the right, and follow these instructions.
1. Otherwise, click Settings next to the Reach schedule you wish to update.
2. When the Settings window opens, scroll down to the bottom where it says Enable automated reach. Click the checkbox, and select the Reach Message that you created for this specific schedule.
3. Then, click Save.
Integrating your ROC Schedule
When you are finished updating your schedule, it will need to be integrated into your script.
1. Next to the applicable schedule, click the green Integrate button.
2. From the pop-up, right click and Copy the link address.
3. From the Scripts page in your portal, click on the Active script where you'll be integrating the ROC schedule, and click the Edit your script button in the upper right corner.
4. Then, locate the path where you want the ROC added, and click the forward arrow until you've reached the Outcome step.
5. Click the gray Message icon button to bring up the editing screen.
6. In the URL text box, paste the integration link that you copied from the portal.
7. When you are finished, click the blue checkmark below the Outcome. Then, click Publish Changes to save your changes.
Congratulations! You've just set up an automated Reach On Call. Please reach out to our Customer Support team at (866) 688-8912 or email us at email@example.com so we can finalize the changes.