How to integrate SAS Flex with Constant Contact
Constant Contact is online email marketing software that helps small businesses stay in communication with customers by creating customized emails and sending them to your contact lists to increase returns. If your business uses this software, integrating your account with the Constant Contact app in the portal will automatically push data from your calls into your contacts list. This eliminates the need for you to do double the work, converting messages into new Constant Contact entries.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect Constant Contact to your SAS Flex account. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Connect Your Constant Contact with the SAS Constant Contact App
- Set Contact Data Parameters
- Configure Custom Mappings (Optional)
- Integrate Constant Contact into Your Script
Connect Constant Contact with your SAS Account
1. In the SAS Flex portal, click Integrations from the left side menu.
2. From the Apps screen, click the Install button next to the Constant Contact logo.
3. On the next screen, click Connect to my account.
4. In the pop-up window, enter in your Constant Contact login credentials. Then click Allow.
Setting Contact Data Parameters
1. Now that Constant Contact is connected to the app, click Add configuration to begin the set-up.
2. First, name your Configuration. This is how your Constant Contact integration will be displayed within your SAS Flex portal.
3. Now you'll need to decide whether you'd like the system to Update and Overwrite existing contact data.
If Don't update existing contacts. Create new ones. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Constant Contact installation. If there is no match, it will create a new contact. If there is an email match, it will do nothing.
If Update contacts by overwriting any data with details from SAS. is chosen, SAS will look for an email match in your Constant Contact installation. If there is a match, it will overwrite any existing customer data with data we've received from the call.
4. When you are finished, click Save.
Constant Contact Custom Mappings (Optional)
Once the data section is complete, you can map your call data directly to specific Constant Contact fields by adding Custom mappings.
1. Under the Mappings tab, choose your Contact List from the drop down. Then, click Add Mapping.
2. In the first drop down box, select either Collector or Text.
Collector will allow you to use specific SAS script variables to populate Constant Contact's contact variables. If you select Collector, the third column will allow you to select a script variable.
Text gives you the option to type your own static data rather than using SAS variables. If you select Text, the second column will be a blank box where you can type specific information.
3. After you've completed the second column, you will set the Mapping.
The Mapping drop down will display the Standard or Custom fields within your Constant Contact setup. Note that depending on your Constant Contact configuration, not all fields may map.
4. Repeat the steps 1-3 until you've completed the custom mappings.
5. When you are finished, click Save.
6. Back on the main Constant Contact page, you can Disable, Edit or Delete your configuration by clicking on the 3-dot icon adjacent to your configuration.
Integrate Constant Contact into Your Script
When all of your integration settings are complete, contact SAS at firstname.lastname@example.org to add the integration into the appropriate block in your SAS script, or follow these instructions to integrate the app yourself.