How to change where your messages are being sent
The Specialty Answering Service portal allows you to change where notification messages are being sent. You can edit or add email addresses and text numbers. In this tutorial, we'll go over:
- How to access Profiles
- How to find and update where messages are being sent
- HIPAA compliance limitations
Find and Update Message Delivery
- To add Email delivery: Make sure the checkbox next to the word E-mail is checked. If it's not, click it to add a checkmark. Now Add the email address(es) where you want your messages sent. For multiple email addresses, separate each by a comma. When you're done, click Update. Emails will come from email@example.com
- To add Text delivery: Make sure the checkbox next to the word Text is checked. If it's not, click it to add a checkmark. Enter text numbers in the format 1 plus the 10-digit number with no spaces, e.g., 16035558989. Multiple numbers must be separated by a comma with no spaces, e.g., 16035558989,16035554654. You can also customize the text message by dragging and dropping script variables into the box below it. When you're done, click Update. Texts will come from your SAS Forwarding Number.
HIPAA Compliance Limitations
If your account requires HIPAA compliance to safeguard patients' Protected Health Information (PHI), there are several features that should not be utilized. Here are a few examples:
- PHI cannot be sent via SMS or Email, or via any SAS application.
- Automated Reach On-Call messages cannot contain PHI. This includes SMS and Text-to-Speech reach messages.
- Emails cannot be sent to the caller through any SAS application.
- You cannot add a Voicemail option to your IVR.
- Calls cannot be recorded.
- You cannot call in for your messages.
If you know that your account is not currently HIPAA compliant, please contact our Support team to assist you in ensuring that all requirements are met. You can read more about HIPAA and SAS in this article.