Building a Custom Email Only Schedule
The following tutorial will provide instructions on how to populate a Custom Email Only on-call schedule. Email Only can be used in conjunction with Warm Patch, Cold Patch, and Reach On-Call schedules. In a Standard schedule, the same person or group of people is on-call for the full 24-hour period from the Start time to the Stop time. In a Custom schedule, there are different people on-call during separate blocks of time within the 24-hour period.
During programming, your staff list and schedule may have been added. But if you haven't already added your schedule, please see our tutorials for Adding your Staff Members and Adding an On Call Schedule. You'll need to complete these steps before you can populate your schedule.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
After your staff members and schedule type have been added, click the yellow Schedule button to the right of the Expiring column to build out your dates.
At the top of the next screen, you'll see the Schedule expires status, you'll see the Start / Stop Time (Schedule runs from), the Timezone, and the schedule Type that you selected during setup. Just below the grey bar, you'll see Set the schedule for followed by the name of the schedule you are editing.
Selecting Dates to Schedule
Under the schedule name, you will enter the active dates that you'll be building out.
∞: If you are building a schedule that will never change, you can retain the default ∞ (Infinity) option on the left. Creating the schedule using this option will infinitely populate calendar dates with the staff members you select.
We're building this example as an Infinity schedule, but there are a few other options for selecting dates. Learn more about them here.
Adjusting Contact Settings
Next, you'll determine the Contact settings.
1. To the right of Email, you will see a drop down menu with the options Standard or Custom. For this tutorial, you will select Customemail.
2. Once Custom is selected, the schedule will update to the display below. This is where you will set your first block of time. Note that initially, the system will automatically set your From and To time to match your Start / Stop time.
3. Use the drop down list to set the first To time.
4. At this point, we will Add the specific staff members who will be emailed during the first block of time. Click on the drop down menu under Staff. (If you need to enter additional staff before continuing, click on the blue Return to on-call link in the top left corner of the page.)
From the Staff column, select the first person we will email.
5. Once you've selected a name from the list, the yellow Add to distribution button on the right will be operational. Click it to add the staff member. Follow the same steps to include additional staff.
NOTE: Email On-Call schedules can contain a maximum of seven staff members.
6. With the first section complete, click the green Add another timeslot button to begin building your second block of time.
7. The system will automatically set your From and To time based on the previous time block. If you've added this timeslot in error, click the red Delete timeslot button.
To extend the time block and add another timeslot, you'll need to adjust the To time again.
8. Now just as you did before, you will Add the specific staff members who will be called during the second block of time.
Note that you can add as many blocks of time as necessary, as long as the first From and last To times are within a 24-hour period based on your Start time.
Edit a Staff Entry
Changing Drop Down Values
1. Now that you've adjusted your staff list, the blue Edit button to the right of the entries will be operational.
2. Click Edit to make any changes. In Edit mode, the entry will be highlighted in yellow, and a Save button will appear on the right. The only change that can really be made is to substitute one staff member for another.
3. After updating an entry, click the Save button on the right side of the highlighted line.
Deleting an Entry
You can also delete an entry by clicking the red X button to the far right of the line item.
Save a Schedule
1. When your changes are complete, click the blue Save schedule button in the bottom right corner of the last entry.
Note that because Infinity is the default setting for scheduling, when trying to save an Infinity schedule, the system will confirm that this is what you want before saving. Click Yes to confirm.
2. Then, scroll down to the full calendar where you'll see the dates you scheduled displayed in the color you selected.
Repeat the string of steps above to continue adding to your schedule. Once you've built out your dates, the Schedule expires status at the top left of the page will change to the last date you have scheduled.
NOTE: If you are scheduling for a future date or time, the expiry status will remain Expired until that date.
Now that you've built your Email on-call schedule, it's time to integrate it! Contact our Customer Service department for assistance, or submit a support ticket.