Building a Static Reach OnCall Schedule
A Static Reach schedule sends messages based on the Business Hours with which it is associated. For example, let's say that your business is open from 9am-5pm Monday through Friday, and you want on-call messages to go to one group of people during Business Hours and another group of people After Hours. Create your on-call groups for BH and AH. Then, add your schedule. Setting the Reach parameters outlined below is how the Static Reach schedule is built. There is no need to go to a calendar to select dates and times - your Business Hours set does the work for you!
The following tutorial will provide instructions on how to populate an on-call schedule for a Static Reach. With a reach, the operator will disconnect the caller, and our system will begin to dial out to your on-call staff list. If you're not sure which on-call schedule is right for you, check out this article.
- Name: The name of your on-call schedule (e.g., Plumbing After Hours).
- Type: Select Reach as the Type.
- Reach Message: This is the message that will be left for your on-call staff. Note that you will need to create your Reach message first.
- Set your Rotation: Select the Static option.
- Business Hours Group / After Hours Group: If you select the standard 24/7/365 option, choose the Business Hours Group. Messages will be sent to the same group of people 24/7/365. If you select a custom Business Hours option, which will send messages based on your open hours, you will have to choose both a Business Hours Group and an After Hours Group. Check out this article for more information on On-Call Groups.
Once your schedule has been built, you'll need to integrate it into your script. For instructions on how to do that, check out this article.