Forwarding your Google Voice Number in SAS Flex
Forwarding your Google Voice number is easy on SAS Flex! The instructions below correlate to Google Voice's new interface. Once you are logged in to to your Google Account, go to the website https://voice.google.com, and continue with these instructions.
Add and verify a linked number.
To add a linked number:
1. Click the settings gear icon at the top right of the Google Voice window.
2. On the next screen, you will see your Account details, including any devices or numbers you have.
3. If you are currently forwarded to any other number, or if there is a device with a phone number attached to it, click the X to the right of the linked number, and in the dialog box that appears, click DELETE.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure not to click DELETE below your Google Voice number!
4. After any linked numbers have been deleted, click the + sign next to NEW LINKED NUMBER.
5. A dialog box will open. Here, you will Enter the Forward Number provided by SAS.
6. When you are ready, click SEND CODE in the lower right corner of the dialog box.
7. Google Voice will send a text message through to the forward number with a 6-digit verification code.
8. To retrieve the code, click on the SMS Message icon on the left-hand navigation panel. The number of new SMS messages will be displayed on the icon until those messages are opened.
9. On the next screen, you should see your SMS Messages. Your Google Voice verification code will be listed as shown below.
10. Input the 6-digit code you see in your SMS Messages back into Google Voice. Then click Verify.
11. If the number was linked successfully, you will see the message All linked up
12. Click Finish.