How to configure the SAS Flex SMS App
The SAS SMS App is a great way to send SMS messages to your customers following a call. This can be especially useful when it comes to providing product and pricing information, sending new customer welcome messages, texting frequently asked questions, and more.
Below, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to connect this feature to your SAS account.
How to configure the SAS SMS app
1. Within SAS Flex, click the Integrations icon from the left navigation panel.
2. On the next screen, click Install next to the SAS SMS app icon.
3. Once on the app screen, click the Add Configuration button as shown below.
4. First we'll need to fill out the fields outlined below.
- Name: Name your template something that helps you tell it apart from any others that you may decide to add. For example, we named ours “New Customer Welcome Text."
- Description: This is a simple description that explains what the template is being used for.
5. Now you can create your template by entering text in the SMS Message text box.
6. When you are finished, click Save.
How to integrate your Email template into your script
Once the app is configured, you'll need to integrate it into your script.
1. In the Closing script block of your choosing, go to the Options tab.
2. Select the SMS Template checkbox. Then, from the dropdown list, select your template.
3. When you are done, click Save.
If you were simply editing a script block that was already added to a script, you’re all set! If not, you’ll need to create the rest of your script blocks (if applicable), your script sections, and your script. Check out these articles for instructions: