How to Build an SAS Flex Script Workflow
Just like an actor would read a script for a movie, answering service operators need to follow a script to handle your calls and assist your customers accordingly. Scripts help guide the operators to collect important information like the caller’s name, number, email, and message, although they can be customized depending on your business’s specific needs. Creating an easy-to-follow script is key in setting up your operators for successful interactions with your customers. Let's get started!
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- How to view, edit or add a new script
- How to build a script with 1 section
- How to build a script with 2 or more sections
How to view, edit or add a new script
1. Within SAS Flex, go to the Builder icon on the left side of your screen and select Scripts.
2. On this page you'll be able to view any scripts that have already been created, or you can add a new one. To add a new one, click Add in the upper right corner.
Upon clicking Add, you'll be prompted to choose one of the following. In this tutorial, we'll be choosing Start from scratch.
- Start from scratch: This option will allow you to start building your script from scratch. You'll need to create your own script blocks and script sections.
- Start from a template: Choose from one of several different script templates from Basic Message Taking to Appointment Scheduling.
- Build it for me: Use the Script Wizard to help craft a script within minutes.
3. In the pop-up that appears on your page, you will need to name your script. This can just be the name of your company or the particular campaign you’re running.
4. Click Save.
Building a Script with 1 Section
1. You will see your script listed on the main Scripts page. To open the workflow, either click the hyperlinked script name on the left, or click the 3-dot menu icon on the right side and select Workflow.
2. Now it’s time to build your script! Under Script Sections, you will see the sections you’ve already configured. In this example, we’ll be using 1 section: Greeting - All Calls
3. Drag over your Greeting - All Calls section to the designated box and click Okay.
4. Once you are done, click Save.
How to build a script with 2 or more sections
1. The steps to building your script with 2 or more call paths is pretty simple! We’ll start by clicking the 3-dot menu icon on the right-hand side and selecting Workflow.
2. Under the Script Sections tab, you will see the sections you’ve already configured. In our example, we’ll have 3: Greeting, All Other Calls, and Calling to Schedule an Appointment.
3. First drag over your Greeting section to the designated box and hit Okay.
4. Next drag over your other sections and place them anywhere within the grid.
5. Now, we will need to connect your Greeting section to both your Calling to Schedule Appointment and All Other Calls sections so that we can complete the flow.
6. At the bottom of your Greeting section, you will see two options: Calling to Schedule an Appointment and All Other Calls. Simply click on the appropriate circle in the bottom right hand corner of your Greeting section, and drag it over to the circle in the top left-hand corner of your corresponding section so that a black line appears. So, Calling to Schedule should match up with Calling to Schedule and All Other Calls should match up with All Other Calls.
7. Once completed, the black lines will turn blue, indicating a successful connection.
8. Once you are done, click Save.
9. To view or edit an existing script, simply click directly on the script name, or click the 3-dot menu icon next to the script you wish to pull up, and select Workflow.