How to configure the SAS Flex Instant Callback app
The SAS Flex Instant Callback app is a way to initiate instant callbacks to your customers after they've submitted a form on your website. When the form is submitted, the call will drop to the next available agent with the data you've configured based on the collectors you used when you created the form. For agents, a note will show above the greeting as "The caller submitted a form on the clients website which initiated a phone call" so they are aware where calls may be coming from.
In this article we'll discuss:
Common Questions Regarding the SAS Flex Instant Callback App
How does the Instant Callback App Work?
The HTML form generated using the Instant Callback app contains a form action link that initiates a POST request made to servlet on SAS servers, which does not need any authentication. From the web, you are posting the Instant Callback request to this servlet. There is no REST or SOAP API call. The incoming request is then captured, translated into a record in Flex, and initiated as a call in our dialer where the data from the form populates for our agents.
Can you extract the data directly from my CRM?
Currently, we are only initiating lookups on Salesforce or the SAS Flex database when a call initiates.
Do we need to establish a deeper integration with your system, or can we rely on a webhook to transmit a JSON payload in either JSON, Form Data, or XML format?
This is a POST not a REST call - you cannot utilize a webhook to execute the dial.
When does the call get dispatched?
The task that initiates outbound dials runs every 5 minutes. So, a callback could be anywhere from immediately after the form is completed to up to 5 minutes.
How to Configure the SAS Flex Instant Callback App
In our example, we are going to create an Instant Notification form email template to send new customers after the call has ended.
First we'll need to fill out the fields outlined below.
- Name: Name your template something that helps you tell it apart from any others that you may decide to add. For example, we named ours “New Customer Callback."
- Description: This is a simple description that explains what the template is being used for.
- Return URL: After users submit the Instant Notification form, they will be taken to the URL you specify here, like a “thank you” page on your website.
- Script: In this section, you'll need to choose the script and phone number we’ll will use when we call your contacts back.
- Fields: Select the fields to include in your Instant Notification form. The agents will have all of this data pre-filled in their script when they call your contact.
Additional Troubleshooting Details
Here are some other helpful details to know when using or troubleshooting the SAS Flex Instant Callback App:
- 1 entry per IP address is allowed every 24 hours
- 1 entry per phone number is allowed every 24 hours
- Phone numbers must be properly formatted (10 digit or 11 digit number with leading 1)
- First name, Last name, Phone number are the minimum required fields