How to integrate SAS Flex with Google Maps
On occasion, operators will field calls from customers who are lost trying to locate your business. And for industries such as HVAC and Plumbing, you may find yourself having to contact people just to let them know that you are not able to provide service in their area. Integrating Google Maps with the Google Maps app in the SAS Flex portal is a great way to give your callers on-the-go directions, and to ensure that potential customers are located in your area. Follow the instructions below to configure the app!
In this article we'll discuss:
Configure the Google Maps App in SAS Flex
- Name: Type in the name of your business or location.
- Address: Type in the address of your business, or the address where your customers would visit. Based on what you type, Google Maps will populate options for you.
Use the toggle to activate your Service Area. Then, you'll need to choose between the following options:
- Radius: If you select Radius, you will also need to choose (in miles) how far your service area is.
- Polygon: If you select Polygon, a polygon will appear on the map to your right. Zoom in on the map for a closer look at the area. Click on the polygon dots and drag in or out to make it smaller or larger. Then, click and drag to move the polygon over your respective service area.
- City: If you select City, dropdown lists will appear that allow you to choose a state and specific cities. Check off as many cities as you need, and click Apply.
How to configure optional settings
How to integrate the Google Maps app into your script
Once your app is configured, we'll need to integrate it into your script.
If you were simply editing a script block that was already added to a script, you’re all set! If not, you’ll need to create the rest of your script blocks (if applicable), your script sections, and your script. Check out these articles for instructions:
Adding Google Maps to the Location, phone & hours Option
Within your SAS Flex Script Workflow, there are additional options you can add to help further customize your call handling. Configuring the Location, phone & hours option will allow SAS agents to easily provide directions to your callers using our Google Map app.