Getting Started with the SAS Flex Call Script Builder
A script is what our CSRs use to handle your calls according to your specific business needs, and the Call Script Builder is the system we use to build or create your script. The Call Script Builder has several components, which we will look at below.
Accessing the Call Script Builder
Components of the Call Script Builder
The components below all work together to create a functioning call script. However, depending on your needs, IVR is not required.
- Script Blocks (required)
- Script Sections (required)
- Scripts (required)
- IVR (optional)
- IVR Blocks (optional)
- Full Name – This script block gathers the caller’s name.
- Phone Number – This script block gathers the caller’s phone number.
- Email – This script block gathers the caller’s email address.
- Ticket Message – This script block gathers the caller’s message.
Script blocks can also function behind-the-scenes within your script and may not necessarily gather any information from your callers. For example, Workflow (Date Time) is a script block that can automatically change your script depending on the time and/or date. This script block is most commonly used to create temporary holiday call handling.
You can set up your workflow with as many sections as you need. But keep in mind that the more sections you have, the more time it will take the operators to decide which route to take. That may result in mishandled calls and longer call length. As a rule of thumb, we suggest having no more than 5 sections within your script to help keep customer interactions streamlined.
If you'd like to make updates to your script but don't feel comfortable just yet, we encourage you to make a Copy of your script, then add the updates you want implemented in the copy first. Simply select Copy from the same 3-dot menu icon mentioned above.
In the Call Script Builder, building your script is essentially like putting together a puzzle. Drag out your sections, and connect them to create a completed circuit that the CSRs can follow.
- Date/Time Routing: This option routes the call to a specific number or department depending on the date and/or time.
- Employee Extension: This option routes the call to a specific employee extension.
- Transfer to Number: This option routes the call to a different number.
- Voicemail: This option routes the call to a voicemail box.